How to play of Angklung Instrument or Cara Bermain Alat Musik AngklungCan You Shake It? The Angklung of Southeast Asia
A. Bamboo in Asia
- Single number = quarter note.
- Single number with a line after it = a half note.
- Two numbers with a line above = 2 eighths notes.
- Four numbers with 2 lines above = 4 sixteenth notes.
- A number with a dot after followed by a number with a line above = dotted quarter + an eighth.
- A number with a line above and a dot after followed by a number with 2 lines above = dotted eighth + a sixteenth.
- A number followed by a line and a dot = a half and a quarter (3 beats).
- 0 = rest.
- Vertical lines = bar lines.
- Slur above numbers = tied-over notes (syncopation).
- When there are two or more lines, players perform both lines simultaneously. The result is harmony.
- Fermata, da capo, repeat, and other signs are the same as staff notation.